I did not find the Beloved link “Read Documentation” on the project page of D DOT O, so I start to investigate the module and jot down the module features as:
Recipe is a module for sharing cooking recipes. It includes optional extra modules for Recipe Import and Export. The extra modules include:
- Recipe Collect and display recipes.
- Recipe MasterCook4 Enables importing and exporting of the MasterCook4(.mxp) text format.
- Recipe plaintext Enables importing of plain text recipes into recipe nodes.
- Recipe Print View Enables exporting of 8-1/2″x11″, 3″x5″, and 5″x7″ recipes for index cards.
- Recipe recipeML Enables importing and exporting of recipeML format recipes.
The recipe module adds a new content type as ‘Recipe’. (admin/structure/content types)
Content Type :: Recipe
- Yield units
- Additional notes
- Cooking time
- Preparation time
- URL redirects.
The Description of each field is defined below in add content test recipe.
Adds the following links in Management Menu admin/content/:
- Bulk Export
- Bulk Import
Adds the following links in Navigation Menu.
- Add Content admin/content/add content/recipe
In Menus, enable a link to Recipes so users may access the module. The link is enabled by default.
- Adds standard node permission as new content type is added as “Recipe”.
- Adds permissions to export and import recipes.
This module adds two blocks as: (admin/structure/blocks)
- Newest Recipes
- Recipe Summary
Configure these two blocks in sidebar second and these will be displayed on Recipe pages. Newest Recipe will display the latest added Recipe items in a list and Recipe Summary Block will show brief details of latest added recipe.
Navigate to admin/content and add new content.
Select the content type as Recipe.
Add a test Recipe.
Recipe Field Description.
- Title The title of the recipe (Tandoori Chicken)
- Description A short description or “teaser” for the recipe. (Full Chicken Grilled/Roasted in Hot Tandoor in Indian style)
- Yield units The units for the yield field(ie servings, people, cans, cookies, etc).
- Yield The number of servings the recipe will make (whole number integer, ie 5 or 6).
- Unit (select from a long list of predefined units like cup, pinch, spoon, KG, can, carton, bunch, drop, gram, liter, ounce, Tablespoon etc.).
- The example of ingredients will be:
- 1 Cup oil refined only
- 5 Tablespoon Salt Iodized salt only
- Qty. Unit Name Notes
- Unlimited Ingredients can be added.
- Source Optional. Does anyone else deserve credit for this recipe? (KFC)
- Instructions Step by step instructions on how to prepare and cook the recipe.
- Additional notes Optional. Describe a great dining experience relating to this recipe, or note which wine or other dishes complement this recipe.
- Cooking time How long does this recipe take to prepare, in minutes.
- Preparation time How long does this recipe take to cook, in minutes.
- URL redirects URL alias.
We can enable the comments for the recipe also.
Navigate to admin/content/Recipes to configure the various settings for Recipe.
Import and Export:
Navigate to admin/content/Recipes/Bulk import to import the Recipe.
Navigate to admin/content/Recipes/Bulk export to export the Recipe.
Add Ingredients as terms in Tags vocabulary to auto complete while adding ingredients in creating recipe.
Data is saved in normal form. Recipes are collections of pointers to ingredients and to quantity terms. New terms can be added by modifying the schema. New ingredients are added automatically whenever they are used for
the first time.
- CCK integration: adding custom fields, field ordering, contrib field modules, and ingredient pages.
- Import/Export for popular recipe formats
- Various index pages through Views integration
- Recipe scaling (quantity multiplier)
- Admin can enable and disable desired features In Recipe Admin e.g Enable a Recipes menu item so users may find it…
- Adjust Permissions for user roles. NOTE: a ‘site editor’ role is supported (see ‘edit all recipes’ permission).